From 10/14/2019 to 11/12/2019
- 10:19 PM Feature #84: Add SID
- It sounds good to me, but not sure what it is meant to sound like!!
- 10:19 PM Feature #84: Add SID
- Also wondering if the clk frequency is important (not enable), I see some state table increment on every clock, which...
- 10:18 PM Feature #84: Add SID
- Wondering about some kind of bit map of unpopulated locations (reducing locations) or a 2nd lookup layer (reducing bi...
- 10:04 PM Feature #84: Add SID
- I loaded the tables in to octave to take a look.
* Not a simple curve
* Lots of zeros, >80% in ...
- 10:02 PM Feature #84: Add SID
- Actually the issue with fitting in v2 is block ram, not ALMs. Though its always good to save ALMs!
The sid tables ...
- 09:05 AM Core v37 released again!
- EclaireXL/A4: SID frequency was too fast, made it closer to 1MHz (still approx, but better than 1.77MHz).
- 10:12 PM Core v37 released
* Fixed USB failure after 70 minutes.
* Fixed full speed usb init issue, this fixes my non-...
- 09:40 PM Revision 966 (repo2): Get sockit firmware building
- 01:51 PM Revision 965 (repo2): Latest firmware with usb fix
- 01:49 PM Revision 964 (repo2): version bump
- 01:48 PM Revision 963 (repo2): experimental sid support, only fits in larger fpga
- 01:47 PM Revision 962 (repo2): Path fix
- 01:46 PM Revision 961 (repo2): Package a few additional files
- 01:44 PM Revision 960 (repo2): Experimental sid support
- 04:59 PM Revision 959 (repo2): Fix nmi when freezer debug disabled
- 10:05 AM Feature #84: Add SID
- Also got this potential USB sharing, that'd save 750 ALMS. Each request/reply is host initiated, so no reason can't s...
- 10:03 AM Feature #84: Add SID
- 600 alms each, will use mono sid I guess. Or make it a generic and enable on the larger boards?
- 10:00 AM Feature #84: Add SID
- Logic utilization (in ALMs) 9,808 / 9,430 ( 104 % )
- 09:56 AM Feature #84: Add SID
- Have a dual 8250 working, though it doesn't fit in the smaller boards. Investigating why, memory or logic...
- 09:56 AM Feature #84 (New): Add SID
- Agreed to try adding a SID to the pokeymax.
Eclaire is a good test bed for this, so starting out with that
- 10:00 AM Bug #69: Some TVs confused by hdmi audio
- Hias had some clever approaches, capturing the digital audio out from the tv etc
- 09:59 AM Bug #69: Some TVs confused by hdmi audio
- I dug into this a bit with Hias. It turned out the issue for him was noise from the dac, so distinct issue. Though I ...
- 09:58 AM Feature #32: option to connect the original ATARI XL keyboard to ExclairXL
- Panos kindly sent me the boards he designed. I put together the bom on mouser and digikey. will order some parts and ...
- 09:55 AM Feature #51: Debug port
- Now I have the saleae I figure I can stream this more reliably to the PC. Will have a go at this soon... Perhaps I wr...
- 09:54 AM Feature #82: Setting for mono pokey
- With adding sid should probably allow that to be on/off too.
- 09:44 AM Bug #83: Many USB hubs do not work
- Just did a bit more testing. Two hubs, two keyboards and a joystick. Fiddled with unplugging/re-plugging etc and all ...
- 10:58 PM Bug #83 (Closed): Many USB hubs do not work
- 10:57 PM Bug #83 (Resolved): Many USB hubs do not work
- 10:54 PM Bug #83: Many USB hubs do not work
- Got it, I needed to set the line control earlier on. It was set to 'NORMAL' after the reset and this leads to the SET...
- 10:53 PM Revision 958 (repo2): Set line control earlier on. Otherwise hubs reject the set_address, since i...
- 07:39 PM Revision 957 (repo2): Removed non-trunk!
- 10:53 PM Bug #83: Many USB hubs do not work
- This setup is so much better for debugging than on the Eclaire. I have gdb on linux to debug the binary, I can printf...
- 10:49 PM Bug #83: Many USB hubs do not work
- The hub is detected as connected, then it tries to set the address and fails.
So, the keyboards I'm using are low ...
- 10:07 PM Bug #83: Many USB hubs do not work
- OK, circuit build and wired up. I can type on the sockit.
Now to get some debugging in place and try the hub.
- 08:57 PM Bug #83: Many USB hubs do not work
- Wired up the USB to gpio, added another pll for the pll clock.
Now will get the software to poll usb and see if I ...
- 10:12 PM Bug #83: Many USB hubs do not work
- Updating the avalon arm regs, to the latest zpu config regs. Which has USB...
Will also add another avalon slave ...
- 10:38 PM Bug #83: Many USB hubs do not work
- Managed to get the core flashing ok (was bad rbf generation).
Also installed gcc and the binaries are running ok.
- 10:21 PM Bug #83: Many USB hubs do not work
- Well I can flash it and get sync on vga, but no dice. I remembered I needed to run the firmware binary. I flashed the...
- 08:24 PM Bug #83: Many USB hubs do not work
- Managed to get the SOCkit board up and running and set up linux.
Now going to build/flash the existing 800 core as ...
- 09:25 AM Bug #83: Many USB hubs do not work
- I've known about this for a long time but have never really looked into it, since its a pain and hubs are not that im...
- 09:23 AM Bug #83 (Closed): Many USB hubs do not work
- Only the hub I did initial testing with works. Investigate why.
- 10:34 PM Feature #82 (New): Setting for mono pokey
- Hias asked me for a mono pokey mode, where its output to both speakers.
- 10:17 PM Bug #75 (Closed): USB keyboard stops functioning after idle period
- 10:17 PM Bug #75 (Resolved): USB keyboard stops functioning after idle period
- Added a timer elapsed function that handles the overflow. This makes the max delay 35 mins, but I think that is ok......
- 09:32 PM Bug #75: USB keyboard stops functioning after idle period
- ((2^32)/1e6)/60 = 71...
So trivial fix. I clearly don't need the Saleae to debug this one, but that isn't so bad. ...
- 09:30 PM Bug #75: USB keyboard stops functioning after idle period
- Trying it with two keyboards. So far an hour and working.
Though I have a hunch that it'll stop working in 10 minu...
- 10:15 PM Revision 956 (repo2): Bug#75: Fix USB keyboard hang after 70 minutes
- 10:47 PM Bug #75 (In Progress): USB keyboard stops functioning after idle period
- 10:36 PM Bug #75: USB keyboard stops functioning after idle period
- OK, finally froze. I could still enter the menu with fire and it worked. So ZPU is alive, just USB is dead.
- 10:22 PM Bug #75: USB keyboard stops functioning after idle period
- I left it for an hour, then typed and it worked... sigh.
- 09:25 PM Bug #75: USB keyboard stops functioning after idle period
- While I mull that I tried building a core that can enter the menu with fire. So I can see if it is indeed USB that cr...
- 09:24 PM Bug #75: USB keyboard stops functioning after idle period
- Tempted to get a Saleae logic USB3 analyzer to capture at a higher rate and they also have USB decoding. Its several ...
- 09:23 PM Bug #75: USB keyboard stops functioning after idle period
- So, decided to take it seriously.
My picoscope claimes to decode USB, tried that and found it pretty poor.
So I tri...
- 09:21 PM Bug #75: USB keyboard stops functioning after idle period
- Jurgen has this with both his keyboards after about 20 minutes.
I also thought I saw it when running the Eclaire for...
Also available in: Atom